Friday, November 5, 2010

Alfredo Sauce

Since we have tons of cream cheese left, I found a recipe using cream cheese instead of heavy cream or whipping cream. This recipe is super fast and easy.

Ingredients found online:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 ( 8 oz ) cream cheese
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 6 oz grated parmesan cheese
Directions:
Melt butter in non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese, garlic powder, and ground black pepper. Add milk and whisk to smooth out lumps. Then add cheese.

Since I didn't have parmesan cheese, I used mozzarella cheese instead. This recipe didn't say to add salt, but I added salt to my own taste. I added more ground black pepper because to me 1/8 teaspoon was too little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online